Saturday 8 January 2011

Shots and introducing Mr. Henderson

Just another quick blog mainly to introduce Joe's current showreel for his portfolio work and to show you some inspirational shots that I may work at using at some point during the film. I've been working closely via e-mail through Christmas, looking at specific shots and the way the film should be lit and the shots we should be looking towards. 

Here is Joe's current showreel:

http://vimeo.com/18520527

Here are a few videos that have inspired us both and are shots that we may possibly use within the film at some point.

This first video has been shot using a glide-cam. I hope to use a glide-cam which Joe is capable of using. Here are some examples of shots that may be used for the beginning.



EOS 7D NJ Botanical Gardens GlideCam 2000HD

Trouble with Harry trailer (From 0.41 to 0.55)



The shot that I want to use is actually the thumbnail for the video but you can still view it to see exactly what it looks like and what I intend to do. I hope to use this shot in the scene where someone is run over by a hearse. I think this shot is amazing and displays a level of discovery to the character but also for the audience who are aware from the very second of seeing it that this man is most probably dead.


Quip (From 1.57)
I would love to have a tracking shot from one side to another, making it seem like a transitional shot, as if the audience is peering in on the scene. I have seen it done in many films but this is an example of where I could find it. I am not sure at this stage where I will put it in the film but at least I am aware of this shot and its relevancy of being used in Autumn Leaves.

Nudel Funeral (0- 0-.13)

An example on how a coffin can be introduced or shown within the embalming/preparation room within the film. 

The next three videos are examples of how the film should look (the first and third more so than the second, I think.) The videos are films that have taken inspiration from Jack Vettriano who is the artist that I looked at for inspiration in my second blog. I really like the noir look of his work and I definitely still want to follow this old 1950s orange tint that makes the film look older than it really is. 

Evelyn (Like Jack Vettriano)

An Imperfect past (Jack Vettriano)




After Midnight (Jack Vettriano)


Edit: The spacing is horrible on this post. Blame Blogger for this. I hate the internet sometimes.






No comments:

Post a Comment