Saturday 8 January 2011

Location, location, location.

Locations are definitely an important part of this short film because it is the surroundings of this small village and the life or lack of it that really will play a major part within the picture. The film will be set in Cornwall, where I am currently living for university. That is not to say that I have specifically chosen Cornwall just because of easy access but I think that Cornwall would be the perfect place to set a film about small communities and the way a small Funeral business survives when there just isn't any business at all.

This isn't going to be a blog that will be as long as the others but it is just to really show you the type of locations that I have been looking at for filming with explanations under a few that I feel will probably be chosen and why they will be chosen.

Here are some images of different exterior locations for Autumn Leaves. 


Graveyards


St. Ives - Barnoon cemetery






























































This is a great location and one that I hope we go for, even though it's a bit out of the way. One of the things that we need to do is to make sure that we are able to film within a certain time window of 3-4 days for the overall shoot. This means making sure that we have enough time to shoot in the various locations (I think there is 11-12 in total, which is a lot), so one of the things we need to ensure if that perhaps one town has many of the locations, or at least all of the locations we need for one specific day. This is something that me and Kamilla will be sorting out over the next coming two months.




Towns (For the main location of the film)


Mousehole


















Mevagissey
























St. Keverne























Fowey

















Polruan

















Looe





















Perranporth











































At present Perranporth is probably the location we have looked the most at and it's the location I have the most personal connection to. I have family there and have been to Perranporth more than a couple of times, so I am aware of what it looks like and the size of the community. It definitely is a front runner for filming. All we need to do now is do more location spotting and perhaps go back to Perranporth as well.
Country Lanes


Trevengnow

















Obviously being a huge countryside, there are many lanes identical to this in Cornwall. So finding a road won't be hard, it's just trying to find one where we can block it off to film a scene where someone is run over by a hearse. Obviously this won't be easy but I can imagine that the location that we choose will ultimately depend upon the town that we decide to choose. This way we can work with local authorities and local people to try and find a suitable and safe location that isn't going to disrupt anything, which is at the top of my list to ensure.

Currently I haven't found any of the interior locations but I will keep you all posted and will post these when I come across them.

No comments:

Post a Comment