Monday 10 January 2011

Script update

Just a short update to say that the third draft of the film is now complete and I am glad to say that other than possibly having a few small future revisions, I think that for now, this will be close to the final script. I'm very pleased with all of the changes from draft 1.5, to 2 and now finished with 3, that have been made to better the script. To be fair many of these changes were simple ones that addressed problems with dialogue, making scenes longer to get across the importance of them and letting the characters develop, as well as spelling errors and general mistakes.

This script will be the version that will be sent to potential actors and their agents for them to take a look at, so hopefully this is a strong enough draft that is able to garner interest and support from others. The script will hopefully reach them sometime this week, giving us enough time to browse more actors and also to arrange audition dates and other issues, including payment, travel and obviously revisions to the script if it is not possible to film certain parts.

Kamilla has nicely helped me by putting together a prospectus  / press pack that includes, a small and long story synopsis, history of the project and information about some of the crew including myself. I helped with adding my own knowledge on the project, as well as helping to write the synopsis and some of the others but Kamilla did the hard part and put it all together and I am thankful for her doing that.

This will be sent to actors as well as to others in order to help secure certain things upon the film, including locations, props, crew and also to short film festivals once the film is completed.

Overall, I am pleased with the progress so far and can now take a break from the script-writing process to focus upon other important tasks. This week I will be scouting locations in Cornwall again in order to find out where will be the best place to shoot the film and I will also be trying to gather the crew together for a short meeting in order for them to all address things in the same room together. This has not been done so far.

I will keep you updated as things progress.

Happy New Year

Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment